|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Red Squirrel Store takes privacy seriously. The following principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust you place in us by giving us your personal information. We aim to always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and who you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
Last Updated: 24th May 2018
Nominated Data Protection Officer: Elspeth Dilley who may be contacted via email at [email protected]
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect and how we use, disclose and protect that information.
Customer Data in brief
- We hold the minimum contact details of customers for the purpose of correctly fulfilling and keeping record of orders
- We do not hold or see any confidential customer financial information since website payment transactions are handled by iZettle payment provider (a PayPal business).
- We may also wish to contact existing customers with marketing information on products in our range similar to those ordered or with helpful information regarding products ordered via email in future. At such time when we may send information directly to individual existing customers for marketing purposes we wish to comply with the GPDR and will offer recipients the opportunity to be informed of any information held and to have it deleted and to unsubscribe from receiving further information.
Marketing to individuals who are not yet our customers in brief
- Prior to 24th May 2018 Red Squirrel Store had not used any personal data for marketing newsletters and we took the step of erasing our newsletter subscriber database as of 24th May 2018 when the EU GPDR came into force. Any potential back up files of the list up to 24th May 2018 to be erased subsequently once we are assured we have a safe back up of our other website materials.
- We have not shared any information from that list nor have we obtained any list from other organisations for marketing purposes.
- When we may intend to send information directly to individuals who are not yet our customers we will ensure that we comply with the GPDR and that recipients have the opportunity to be informed of any information held and to have it deleted and to unsubscribe from receiving further information.
Our Service Providers
We hold data in the UK and on iZettle's server(s).
We also use iZettle for secure face-to-face, online and invoiced payments. If iZettle were ever unavailable we may use PayPal or Transferwise or other direct bank transfer services to receive payments.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand the usage of the website, individual user personal data is anonymised and/or not seen by us.
Social Media platforms which we use or may use in future such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter do not furnish us with followers' personal data to be stored by us. We can only contact social media followers via those platforms. In such circumstance where we need to contact an individual directly, for example to send a prize to a competition winner, the minimum personal details necessary will be asked for that purpose via that social media platform at the time.
What does this Privacy Notice apply to?
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected by Red Squirrel Store in connection with the services they offer. This includes information collected offline, through direct marketing campaigns, and competitions, and online through our website(s), applications and branded pages on third party platforms and applications accessed or used through such websites or third party platforms (“Red Squirrel Store Sites”) where customers have opted in to supply their details.
This Privacy Notice also applies to targeted Red Squirrel Store content, including offers and advertisements for Red Squirrel Store products and services, which we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may send to you on third party websites, platforms and applications (“Third Party Sites”) based on your Site Usage Information (as defined below). These Third Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those Third Party Sites.
This Privacy Notice is hereby incorporated into and forms part of the terms and conditions of use of the Red Squirrel Store Site.
By using a Red Squirrel Store Site, you are consenting to Red Squirrel Store collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the Red Squirrel Store Sites or otherwise provide Red Squirrel Store with your personal information.
Red Squirrel Store will only collect, use or disclose your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. In most cases, we will ask for your consent explicitly but, in some cases, we may infer consent from your actions and behaviour. We may ask you to provide additional consent if we need to use your personal information for purposes not covered by this Privacy Notice. You are not obliged to provide such consent but if you decide not to then your participation in certain activities may be restricted. If you provide additional consent, the terms of that consent shall prevail in the event of any conflict with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent if we have a legitimate reason to do so, provided that such use will not have a prejudicial effect on your own rights, freedoms and interests. Any such use shall be in accordance with the Red Squirrel Store Privacy Principles set out above.
The Red Squirrel Store Sites are designed and intended for use by adults. Where a Red Squirrel Store Site is intended for use by a younger audience, we will obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect personal information where we feel it is appropriate to do so or where it is required by applicable laws and regulations (the age at which consent is necessary varies from country to country). If you are a child over the age where parental consent is required in your country, you should review the terms of this Privacy Notice with your parent or guardian to make sure you understand and accept them.
If we discover that we have collected information from a child without consent from a parent or guardian where such consent should have been obtained, we will delete that information as soon as possible
Access to certain parts of the Red Squirrel Store Sites and/or eligibility to receive prizes, samples or other rewards may be limited to users over a certain age. We may use your personal information to carry out age verification checks and enforce any such age restrictions.
What information do we collect?
In this Privacy Notice, your "personal information" means information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified. This typically includes information such as your name, address, screen name, profile picture, email address, and telephone number, but can also include other information such as IP address, shopping habits, information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests. We may collect personal information about you from different sources, including:
Information you give us directly
Information we collect automatically when you use the Red Squirrel Store Sites
Information we collect from other sources
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- improve our products and your experience on the Red Squirrel Store Sites
- evaluate the use of the Red Squirrel Store Sites, products and services
- analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
- personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
- make the Red Squirrel Store Sites easier to use and to better tailor the Red Squirrel Store Sites and our products to your interests and needs
- help speed up your future activities and experience on the Red Squirrel Store Sites. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time
- collect information about the device you are using to view the Red Squirrel Store Site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that the Red Squirrel Store Sites present the best web experience for you
- contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you with your consent
- offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions.
- to provide you with products or services that you request from us.
- for the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered
- to send you information, products or samples that you have requested
- to respond to your queries or comments
You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide the information and means necessary to opt out.
In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
Who do we share your personal information with?
As a global business, Red Squirrel Store may share your personal information with trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf.
We may also share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Red Squirrel Store if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer your personal information to servers located outside the country in which you live or to affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal information on our behalf. By using a Red Squirrel Store Site or otherwise providing Red Squirrel Store with personal information, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations.
You should be aware that many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal information as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws. Subject to such lawful access requests, we promise that anyone processing your personal information outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with Red Squirrel Store’s instructions.
Safeguarding your personal information
Your privacy rights and who to contact
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us by going to www.redsquirrel.store and clicking on the Contact Us link
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Other Red Squirrel Store privacy notices
In addition to this Privacy Notice, there may be specific campaigns or promotions which will be governed by additional privacy terms or policies. We encourage you to read these additional terms or policies before participating in any such campaigns or promotions as you will be required to comply with them if you participate. Any additional privacy terms or policies will be made prominently available to you.